Monday, May 18, 2009

God on the Mountain - A Weekend In Kentucky

This past weekend, I spent time with friends in Kentucky at a conference... it was totally unexpected how it all worked out, in that I never planned to go until I got a 'be there' email on Tuesday of last week. Through a friend of a friend, I had an opportunity to meet with Ray Hughes and share the vision of The Worship Studio and also some other cool stuff the Lord is doing with Kudzu... I'll tell you later :)

The best part was this: i get there 2 hours late, enduring a rainstorm and 7 hours of driving on Friday night only to realize that 1) the place I'm supposed to stay is 'unavailable' now and 2) Ray Hughes is not going to be there. WHAT!? At this point in the journey I'm so used to this I just laughed and said "ok Lord, what are you up to?" Turns out the friend of a friend had arranged for me to meet Ray for a private meeting in southern Kentucky on Sunday after church. So I spent Saturday at the conference - hung out with Ron Block (the baddest banjo picker in Nashville and plays with Allison Kraus), lead worship at the conference and eat some INCREDIBLE Kentucky barbecue that they smoked in the ground on Saturday. Pretty awesome!

So I got up at 530am to drive 3.5 hours to meet Ray Hughes Sunday morning - got to the church (Faith Temple in Middlesboro, KY) and found out that he AND Ramy & Brian were leading worship that morning! It was awesome! I introduced myself to Ray and he said "ahh, the king of kudzu"! He asked me where I wanted to eat and said I had 2 choices: mexican or sonic - but we'd have to sit in the car if we went to Sonic. LOL! Typical Ray :)

That afternoon, I had an incredible time getting to know Ray and his wonderful wife Denise. We were both able to share about our journey and then I got to share about The Worship Studio. I went through the whole journey and all the prophetic confirmations we've had over these last few months about this work. There was an incredible connection made in the Spirit with Ray Hughes and I thank God for such a Father in ministry to walk with us on this journey.

So, you never know what God's got for you when you walk into a situation but it's always good and it's always better than what you could have made happen on your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment